• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Bugless Beast v0.9!!!

Yeah Pete said in one post, the Phone app in 0.9 is only one that works in 0.9

like I said, I am not in a hurry to switch, phone is working great..

I am always a sucker for trying new things. Those scripts work and there is a slight speed increase just going to 0.9.

I know that feeling though, I stayed back 4 builds on his 2.0.1 once because I liked the stability of, I think it was 0.6.

Upvote 0
Yea, seems slower to me in actual use. Also Helixlauncher2 leaves a good 30MB less free memory on .9 than using Helixlauncher does, so I am sticking with Helixlauncher. I have also heard that people are having problems with incoming calls on .9 and I have actually experienced that once as well.

I did and it was because of the glass theme.
I think I read another that pointed to the same. Minimal issues so far compared to .8 and markedly faster.
Benchmark it with setcpu to determine if it's faster, and linpack

Upvote 0
I did and it was because of the glass theme.
I think I read another that pointed to the same. Minimal issues so far compared to .8 and markedly faster.
Benchmark it with setcpu to determine if it's faster, and linpack
Reloaded the nandroid of .9 without SG and with Helix2 and it still at most has 70MB free and just seems slower. With Helixlauncher when I end all tasks it goes to close to 100MB free and just seems to run a lot faster. I will stay with BB .9 with Helixlauncher and no SG.

Upvote 0
Reloaded the nandroid of .9 without SG and with Helix2 and it still at most has 70MB free and just seems slower. With Helixlauncher when I end all tasks it goes to close to 100MB free and just seems to run a lot faster. I will stay with BB .9 with Helixlauncher and no SG.

Hmmm, interesting.
I run at about 164mb consistently with many tasks running, several widgets, and quite a few apps loaded on the int. mem.
I had 196mb with onnly a few apps.

Upvote 0
Wondering if anyone else is having this problem, I upgraded to 0.9 from 0.8, all of my Live Wallpapers were running fine with 8, but now a few of the main interactive ones will no longer load I keep getting a FC, I almost ready to go back to 8. Have anyone else experience this and if so, did you find a solution to the FC on the Live Wallpapers?

Upvote 0
Wondering if anyone else is having this problem, I upgraded to 0.9 from 0.8, all of my Live Wallpapers were running fine with 8, but now a few of the main interactive ones will no longer load I keep getting a FC, I almost ready to go back to 8. Have anyone else experience this and if so, did you find a solution to the FC on the Live Wallpapers?

Some of my LWP wont work either. Galaxy, Grass, Neural Network, and Water all "Force Close" when trying to load them. They used to work though is the weird part about it. If anyone has any help, Please respond.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones