1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Bugless Beast v0.9!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by moto-max199, Mar 19, 2010.

1. inssane

inssane Android Expert

For some people Pete's glass patch works.
    Mine worked fine, then the phone dialer wasn't taking calls (I couldn't answer them) so I removed it.
    Supposedly he is working on it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

Yeah Pete said in one post, the Phone app in 0.9 is only one that works in 0.9

like I said, I am not in a hurry to switch, phone is working great..

3. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

Anyone have a link to the Smokedtheme for v0.7?

4. inssane

inssane Android Expert

I am always a sucker for trying new things. Those scripts work and there is a slight speed increase just going to 0.9.

I know that feeling though, I stayed back 4 builds on his 2.0.1 once because I liked the stability of, I think it was 0.6.

5. FuhxTehAppelz

FuhxTehAppelz Member

i have the SG theme from 0.8, it worked with 0.9 pretty well when I was testing...

6. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

anyone else have opinions on v0.9?

thinking of switching, might wait until Pete gets SG working for V0.9

I have read more posts that the current SG for V0.7 and V0.8 will not work

Also what is different in the phone.apk for v0.9?

7. bose301s

bose301s Well-Known Member

.9 seems to be less stable, slower and use more RAM for me, I see no reason to upgrade from .8 and am going to stay with .8 for now.

8. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

interesting since Pete says it is faster

9. bose301s

Yea, seems slower to me in actual use. Also Helixlauncher2 leaves a good 30MB less free memory on .9 than using Helixlauncher does, so I am sticking with Helixlauncher. I have also heard that people are having problems with incoming calls on .9 and I have actually experienced that once as well.

10. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

ah, I will stick with v0.8 then

11. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Android Enthusiast

Index of /pete/Patchers

The sixth entry.

;)

12. bose301s

Yea, I am too. I am going to try Koush's ROM now since UBRocked uploaded a nandroid of it.

13. inssane

inssane Android Expert

I did and it was because of the glass theme.
    I think I read another that pointed to the same. Minimal issues so far compared to .8 and markedly faster.
    Benchmark it with setcpu to determine if it's faster, and linpack

14. bose301s

Reloaded the nandroid of .9 without SG and with Helix2 and it still at most has 70MB free and just seems slower. With Helixlauncher when I end all tasks it goes to close to 100MB free and just seems to run a lot faster. I will stay with BB .9 with Helixlauncher and no SG.

15. inssane

inssane Android Expert

Hmmm, interesting.
    I run at about 164mb consistently with many tasks running, several widgets, and quite a few apps loaded on the int. mem.
    I had 196mb with onnly a few apps.

16. Jinnai

Jinnai Member

I switched back to 0.8, 0.9 was just running very very hot consistently after several hours--around 15-20 degrees higher on average (consistently in the 90-100+ range when resting)

17. bose301s

That has more to do with the kernel than the ROM.

18. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Android Enthusiast

I think I am gonna try to download .9, because I think a SG theme messed my phone app up and it doesn't let me make calls when I am like below 50 battery.

19. DjSmooth

DjSmooth Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem, I upgraded to 0.9 from 0.8, all of my Live Wallpapers were running fine with 8, but now a few of the main interactive ones will no longer load I keep getting a FC, I almost ready to go back to 8. Have anyone else experience this and if so, did you find a solution to the FC on the Live Wallpapers?

20. bose301s

Hmm, I have never seen my phone with more than ~115 MB free even after an end all in Taskpanel.

21. snake_fist_gung_fu

snake_fist_gung_fu Android Enthusiast

Im liking this rom. Being able to run those scripts are very useful. Especially the Busybox fix and the Bootloader.

22. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Android Enthusiast

I don't like the ROM. It not being able to use Smoked Glass is a big turn off, but the biggest turn off of all has to be the Neural Network(Nexus Mod) I liked the .8 version where it was tiny and interactive and looked cool. Thats for sure making me go back to .8 since there is not that big of a difference.

23. shawncooke1

shawncooke1 Lurker

Some of my LWP wont work either. Galaxy, Grass, Neural Network, and Water all "Force Close" when trying to load them. They used to work though is the weird part about it. If anyone has any help, Please respond.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews