• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Business Focus Group Poll (Please Give Input)

How often would you use a Technology Swap site?

• Once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twice a Month or more

• Once a month

• A couple times per year

• Total voters

AFAngryWarrior

Android Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2009
Rochester, NY
Androidforum techies,

A friend of mine is creating a new startup website and I told her I'd ask some of the people most likely to use it (Tech junkies like us) what they thought of the idea before she wastes all her money. I personally think the idea is OK, but not sure if its life changing.

Anyway, the basis of this new site is a Technology Swap. Instead of craigslist where you can find anything from a Transvestite to a car battery this site would focus solely on Technology and only on swapping (Not buying/selling). So for example you want to post an ad that you have a netbook you want to swap for A..B...C..... etc... So you can say you want to swap for an iPhone, PS3, anything of similar value.

So what do you think, would you use this type of service and how often do you think you would use it?

Depending how popular the site gets is the big thing.. In the mean time I would probably stick with craigslist. More people go there now so your more likely to find what you want and someone willing to trade for what your giving up.

Also being exclusive to tech products can deter from the experience. I have traded sporting equip for tech products before. Something that I assume you would not see or be able to do at a "tech swap" site.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones