• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Calendar Events Not Syncing

skinien

Android Enthusiast
Jul 23, 2010
I have my gmail, contacts, and calendar syncing with my google account. Everything seems to be working fine except for the calendar. It's only doing a one-way sync - events from my google calendar are syncing to my phone but events created on my phone are not syncing to my calendar.

Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?

Well when you create an event there is a calendar selection entry. You need to select your google calendar entry from there in order for it to show up on the google calendar. It still shows up on the phones calendar but it syncs to your google calendar.

Worked, thanks! Do you know if there's a way to make the google calendar the default so you don't have to select it each time you add an event?

Upvote 0
I got really fed up needing to choose google sync for each and every calendar entry. I am a total android newbie so don't know any other solutions except to try a 3rd party calendar app. I've been using Jorte calendar and this one will automatically sync with my google calendar after the default is set. I'm loathe to pay for any apps before my 30 days are up, so this one is free. There may be other better ideas offered by those who know more than I about android/Captivate. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones