• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cases New cases not fitting well around the camera nodule

New Galaxy S20 FE and have bought a Otterbox Symmetry and a Bodyguardz Ace Pro case. Both fit the phone fine, but they both leave a 1/8" gap all the way around the camera nodule and it looks like crap. Does one of the other S20 models supposedly have the same camera module?
I'm wondering if these case companies are taking the same dimensions for another phone and using for the S20 FE when in fact the S20 FE is smaller.
Going to go to Verizon to see if their silicone case fits any better, I'm doubtful.

Any feedback appreciated.

Does the regular S20 have a larger sized camera module to the S20 FE?

Because I know with some other Galaxy devices like Note 20, the Note 20 Ultra definitely has a larger camera module than the Note 20, because of the real telephoto lens camera. And so cases have to be made accordingly.

BTW the only "FE" version Galaxy phone I saw was Note 7 FE, which was physically the same as the original, .except for a reduced battery capacity. But I didn't want to touch that, with possible problems in getting it through airport security.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Appreciate the feedback. I forgot that the S20 FE was only available in certain countries. Sorry about that.

I figured out the answer to my question and its the opposite of what I thought. The S20 FE rear camera nodule is 39mm x 19mm x 1mm (maybe 1.5mm) and the S20 rear camera nodule is 34mm x 17mm x 1mm. The S20 FE is only slightly larger.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones