• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new cool game Gold Rush

peterwww

Lurker
Nov 25, 2010
Hi all,

I just saw a cool new Gold Rush game on android market in the Brains and Puzzle section. Pretty fun and the graphics are really nice. Finally a new puzzle game that is not Sudoku. Its pretty fun to blow up rocks/trees, ride carts through tunnels, run away from water to find the gold and the tunnel that will take you to the next level.

Peter

Why wouldn't these guys just say something along the line, "I made this game called [Insert name here, and I think that you are going to like it"

People are smarter than you give them credit for. Trying to trick us into believing that you just found this game and had to sign up to this forum to tell people about it is pretty pathetic.

Upvote 0
jcash3 -> fair enough, but I think you are all very smart.

Anyway, game has been done in 2002 for J2me and converted with the microemu libraries. Smart guys doing that library, its opensource at MicroEmulator - Overview
The emulator you found has been done with the same libraries.

As for the graphics, they have been done using lightwave. Yep, there are 3D models of the puppet, gold rocks, cars, rails etc. Unfortunately, it will take a bit more time to render those again to bigger images. You know back in the days there were only screensizes of 176x208 and smaller.

So hopefully there will be a zoomed in version for android like the emulator you found. Actually the emulator has a resolution of 240x320 and thats why it looks bigger or more zoomed in.

But would like to put in skeletons running around that you have to chop with your axe , running away for cave ins, taking elevators and hiding for flying bats. But well, we will see.

Reactions: Pushwall
Upvote 0
So hopefully there will be a zoomed in version for android like the emulator you found. Actually the emulator has a resolution of 240x320 and thats why it looks bigger or more zoomed in.

But would like to put in skeletons running around that you have to chop with your axe , running away for cave ins, taking elevators and hiding for flying bats. But well, we will see.
Wow, major cool stuff! I'm crossing my fingers that some of those features make it in the game. Thanks for the info update! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones