1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New Defy Owner and Milestone XT720 Owner (US)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by OrlandoFC, Feb 15, 2011.

1. OrlandoFC

OrlandoFC Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Tech Writer
    Orlando, FL
    Just trying to figure it all out guys...

My background: I'm a technical writer, so (hopefully) you won't find incoherent ramblings from me (often). Tech writers can effectively communicate issues and solutions to non-experts, and hopefully I can do some of that on this forum.

I bought my Motorola Defy (Motorola DEFY with MOTOBLUR - Durable Android Smart Phone with Blur - Touchscreen - Water Dust Scratch Resistant - Touch Tablet - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. Western Europe) in Feb 2011, and it was actually a leap of faith. I had been in the market for a new phone for a ridiculously long time, and I decided I did not want an iPhone many moons ago.

Long story short, I played with the Defy for about 20 minutes and loved it's quick responding OS (not crazy about being forced to use Motorblur though. Don't really see the point). My wife pointed out it was probably the most rugged of all the smart phones, and that was all I needed.

I also have an unlocked Milestone XT720 (Motorola DEFY with MOTOBLUR - Durable Android Smart Phone with Blur - Touchscreen - Water Dust Scratch Resistant - Touch Tablet - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. Western Europe). If you know anything about the phone, I don't need to tell you how sweet the thing is. 8MP camera? Yeah, I'll take that even with zero phone functionality, as that's higher resolution than a lot of my friends' digital cameras.

BUT, the phone was a demo model from Japan (it's actually not sold in the US yet) and I couldn't get it to jive with my T-Mobile SIM card. I gave it back to my friend and she fiddled with it for a few days and sent it back to me and ensured me it would work.

It did. For two days.

I was heartbroken. I had to walk around with a loaner phone for a few weeks, which was painful. And then the loaner phone died. That's when I decided to give the Defy a go. I'll likely setup the Milestone with Boost Mobile for my wife (she fell in love with the phone also).

I'd love to get in touch with some developers to unlock the potential of my phones. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Oh, and I'm open to inquiries to write instructions, procedures, manuals, etc. on a freelance basis. I'll provide resume and samples if need be.

Cheers!

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

OrlandoFC likes this.