1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New "Defy" working on 2.2 Froyo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Yangyong, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Yangyong

Yangyong Lurker
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm no youngster and I'm no IT geek - but my son decided it was time for me to upgrade to a smartphone.
    So on my 60th birthday, last month, my son presented me with this amazing gadget - a Motorola Defy. It took a week or so to learn how to answer it and make a call with it - and making text messages is still not as easy as it was on my old Nokia with a keypad - but it is an incredible piece of equipment. I thoroughly enjoy watching Sky News Headlines videos in the evening - plus all the other amazing "apps". Yes, I even know what an "app" is now.:eek:
    Anyway, I am now into downloading podcasts - mainly off the BBC - and listening to those on the way between offices over here in the UAE. Trouble is, I want to put a shortcut or widget onto the Home screen to access the folder on my sd card. Folder name is "podcasts" of course, but when I try to do it with the folders that come up when I hold onto the screen - I still cannot "paste" the folder into a "new folder" or directly onto the Home Screen.:rolleyes:
    Is it possible to make a shortcut or must I still access the sd card first before I can choose which podcast I want ?:cool:

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Hi there, welcome to the forums :)

There are apps out there, stuff like Folder Organizer that may do what you're asking, but I've never used it so can't confirm.

What app are you using to listen to the podcasts? Just the default music player on the phone?

Also, we have a Motorola Defy forum which may be of use: Motorola Defy - Android Forums