• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Desire S First Impressions

softsorter

Feb 23, 2010
After buying a HTC Tattoo and hating it to the point I considdered sending it back, with all the shortfalls android v1.6 had I said I'd never have another android.

Well I took a shine to the new Desire S and after loading up a few apps what a phone ! pleased I took a gamble again and this is leagues above the crippled tattoo.

Thumbs Up From Me :D:D

I just got the Desire S from the Desire and its a great phone. Very quick, lots of memory, looks great.

A couple of gripes however, first, its a bit slippy to hold so I suggest a casemate shell. Ultra slim and fits perfectly.
Secondly, the on/off switch at the top, is on the other side, so unlocking is a bit cumbersome for me as I'm mainly left handed.
Thirdly, there's no trackpad, which is crap for trackpad wake and unlock and so brings you back to the second point.

Othere than that, its still a top device, no doubt about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones