• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New DHD with 2.3 ... no Sync??

Hi All!
Please be gentle with me.. my first post! lol
I have just upgraded from a HTC Desire to the Desire HD. I bought it used from someone who has already upgraded the system with gingerbread. I attached the phone to my computer and all I can get on it is the usb file sharing option... nothing else comes up! I sooo wanted to put my outlook contacts etc on!
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks

Thanks for your answer. I am aware that the official gingerbread hasnt been released.
I bought the phone from someone that obviously rooted the phone I am guessing!

I am asking how I update my new phone with my contacts and other details from Outlook.

Am I better off just putting it back to factory specs? If so... how??
Is there another syncing program I can use to do this if I dont revert to factory specs?

Upvote 0
when u sign in with ur google account its contacts mails etc are synced....

for outlook, one way is this:
1) export all ur outlook contact to csv file
2) login to google mail on web browser of ur computer, goto contacts, import that file, this way u have all ur outlook contacts into ur google account which will be synced automatically in ur phone

Upvote 0
Thanks Saj & Russ.
I went back to my HTC Desire and exported all contacts from my phone into the SIM and then put it back into the DHD so I now have contacts! YAH! lol

Saj, I cant seem to export my contacts... when I go into the import/export section on outlook, it only gives me one export option
When I go into that, the options are -
Comma Separated Values (DOS)
Comma Separated Values (Windows)
Microsoft Access
Microsoft Excel
Personal File Folder (.pst)
Tab Separated Values (DOS)
Tab Separated Values (Windows)

My computer is a windows 7 professional version

Also when I try and sync the phone, it only gives me ONE option! The file sharing one. Is this because of the rooting done to the phone?

Is it hard to revert back to stock standard, I would almost want to wait until the official version comes out!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones