1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support New DNA and need some assistance

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by neoncacher, Nov 25, 2012.

1. neoncacher

neoncacher New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    I got the DNA Friday and I have only encountered one issue so far, I cannot send pictures in my text messages. I keep getting an error stating that my pictures are the wrong format??? Now, this is the most advanced phone I have ever owned and it cant post any image, no matter the format. Someone please direct me to where I can fix this problem. The pictures are in my gallery but cannot be put into a message... i'm lost on this.

Advertisement

2. atakin77

atakin77 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Did you try attaching a picture directly from the stock messaging app instead of through the gallery? I just tried that and it worked.

neoncacher likes this.
  3. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Male
    Bayville, NJ USA
    I just tried it, works without issue for me. Sent from the gallery app using the stock Messaging app (which I normally don't use)

neoncacher likes this.
  4. neoncacher

neoncacher New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Thanks for the replies but yes, I have tried through the messaging app. Still gives me an "unsupported format" error message... Even tried a new messaging app and the same thing. What messaging app do you use if you dont use the standard one?

5. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Male
    Bayville, NJ USA
    I use Handcent normally, which also works fine when attaching pics .. I assumed you've rebooted the phone , just to ensure its not some odd 1-off error?

neoncacher likes this.
  6. neoncacher

neoncacher New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Yep, rebooted. Nothing. Tried Handcent, Nothing. Strange indeed. Well Verizon here I come... crap. Thanks.

7. TrueMetalGeek

TrueMetalGeek Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Male
    HVAC and Electronics
    Arizona
    Maybe Verizon got your account messed up to where it is blocked or not included with your service.