1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New DNA - Questions re: notifications, etc

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by operaluvr, Jan 13, 2013.

1. operaluvr

operaluvr Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2013
    Hi all,I love having a forum to ask questions and learn new tricks, especially when I upgrade to a new phone as I just have.My question relates to notifications. For texting I use Handcent, which I love. However, when I set a person specific notification sound, I usually get the default notification I've set and then (MAYBE) my assigned sound. Is there any way to get around that, to ensure the sound I want is the one I'm getting consistently? Additionally, I do get the notification I want on gmail. However, I also have yahoo mail and I don't even seem able to choose the sound I've downloaded for mail notification. Is there a way to circumvent that nuisance?Lastly, is there a way to move a sound I worked hard to get into the area where I can choose it for a notification? I synced it onto my phone from my computer. It's an old Envy ringtone that I just love. But it doesn't show up as an option under settings/notifications/sounds.I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as soon as I have more time for tinkering with the phone. But all help is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Welcome tot he site, glad to have you on board

What make and model device do you have so I can guide you to the proper support forum to get your your question answered properly.

3. operaluvr

operaluvr Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2013
    I have the Droid DNA with service through Verizon. All help is appreciated. Thank you.