• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Droid, rooted had problems, unrooted still have problems - Warranty Issue?

DroidAddict

Nov 7, 2009
I had an original Droid that I had rooted for many months with very few issues. Unfortunately I damaged the original and through Assurion (sp?) recieved a new (not refurbed) Droid that I immediately rooted.

However I have had nothing but problems with random FC'ing, apps working one moment, not the next, apps all of sudden not loaded on the phone, just when I think a ROM is working and do a Nandroid back up getting stuck in a bootloop; tried every Kernal I could come across and nothing would work regardless of voltage.

After about 3 weeks of this, I got fed up and unrooted today. But I'm finding my Droid is still acting in a very similar fashion. Matter of fact while I'm writing this, ADW just FC'd on me, I rebooted and I'm stuck on the red eye. Since I'm not rooted and can't boot into recovery, I have no idea how to reset...lol while pulling my hair out.

Anyone experience issues like this? Could I possibly have a faulty Droid that is causing these issues?.....Warranty issue?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Oh bye the way, I am using a new battery as well, since I thought maybe that was causing some of the problems.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones