1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support new droid user here with some questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nightrain, Mar 5, 2010.

1. nightrain

nightrain Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Hey, guys. I just got a Droid a few days ago and came across these boards Googling questions I had about the Droid. Anyway I had a few questions I was hoping I could get some help with.

1. For some reason, my phone doesn't seem to recognize new emails or Facebook notifications unless I go into my Gmail account and refresh the page. Also I'm not getting any notifications for new emails or Facebook notifications on my top slide down menu like I do for new texts. I already checked the options and everything seems like it should be working so I'm stumped.

2. When synching Facebook contacts I notice you have to list first and last names for it to recognize which profile goes with which contact. With my blackberry storm I was able to manually pick and choose which contacts go with which profiles. Is there anyway to do this on the Droid?

3. Yesterday I installed the advance task master to try and conserve battery power but I notice that at times its showing I have applications active that I definitely didn't use. How accurate is this program?

Thanks for any help guys!

Advertisement