1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Droid user, some questions!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KBBEVE, May 21, 2011.

1. KBBEVE

KBBEVE Lurker

I just got my charge yesterday and I've been playing with it since I got it, but I can't figure a couple things out.

First of all, is there anyway to get an LED light? I had a blackberry before and I loved have an LED light but I wasn't sure if the droid had one. I uploaded an app for it, but it didn't work.

Second, is there a way to change the colors on the messaging. My text color is blue and the people texting me are yellow. Is there a way to change that.

And last, is there a way to sync my contact's pictures to facebook pictures? I've been trying to figure this out and I can't!

HELP! :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JEcht

JEcht Member

there is no led light on the Charge.

as far as changing the messaging colors I think you would have to get a third party app like handcent to do that.

I just think you have to set up facebook in your account settings and then sync contacts and should use the facebook pics of your contact list. How it did it on my bolt.

3. tednaciousd

tednaciousd Newbie

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm actually happy that there is no LED notification light on this phone. I check my phone enough as it is...I don't need a light to tell me when to check it. I actually find I use my phone less now that there is no LED and that's a plus in my mind.

4. Amrov

Amrov Well-Known Member

You can get an app called "NOLED" from the Market. It lights up a tiny cluster of pixels on your display (and moves around slightly, in the upper left hand corner). The colors correspond to different things, like "missed call" or text message (and you can choose what colors go with what function).

The only disadvantage I've had using this app is that I have to back out (use the back key) before I can do anything on my phone if an LED indicator is on. So, I can't do a quick response to a text message -- I have to back up first and then I can respond. But if you really crave an LED indicator, this definitely works.

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews