• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Droid User

JustROLLIN

Dec 5, 2009
Hey all,

Just bought the Droid about two days ago. I come from a history of BlackBerrys but decided to make the leap. I love the phone, except I cannot get Yahoo email on it. Which is going to be an issue considering its my main account. Other than that, I am very happy with the phone and its functionality. If anyone has advice on what to do about the Yahoo mail issue, I would love to hear it. Or, if you have ideas for some good starter apps, that would be great as well.

Apps I have already downloaded:

- Adv Task Killer
- Barcode Scanner
- Note Everything
- Screen Mode Widget
- Moto Torch LED
- Throttle Copter (game)

Anyway, I like the forum so far and I have found it very helpful. I am not a noob to forums, so no need to give me the "search speech." ;)

Welcome to AF!
xmassmile.gif

Upvote 0
Hey all,

Just bought the Droid about two days ago. I come from a history of BlackBerrys but decided to make the leap. I love the phone, except I cannot get Yahoo email on it. Which is going to be an issue considering its my main account. Other than that, I am very happy with the phone and its functionality. If anyone has advice on what to do about the Yahoo mail issue, I would love to hear it. Or, if you have ideas for some good starter apps, that would be great as well.

Apps I have already downloaded:

- Adv Task Killer
- Barcode Scanner
- Note Everything
- Screen Mode Widget
- Moto Torch LED
- Throttle Copter (game)

Anyway, I like the forum so far and I have found it very helpful. I am not a noob to forums, so no need to give me the "search speech." ;)

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0
^^ That does not work, unfortunately. I have confirmed with several Verizon employees that it seems to be on the Yahoo side of things. Apparently, they are blocking Android phones from getting email pushed to them. Sad, but true.... I was hoping someone might have a workaround.

Upvote 0
Forgive me if I'm not understanding this correctly but I was under the impression you could forward a Yahoo! e-mail account to a GMail account. Then, you could just import your GMail account and the Yahoo! e-mail would be forwarded correctly...

[EDIT]

I now realize that you need to be a Yahoo! Mail Plus subscriber.

"POP access is limited to Yahoo! Mail Plus subscribers. Please contact Yahoo! Mail's support team for more information."

[/EDIT]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones