1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New droid x in the mail. Used to physical keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ccsoccer03, May 22, 2011.

1. ccsoccer03

ccsoccer03 Well-Known Member

So i current am using an Ally that has an awesome keyboard. How steep is the learning curve for a touch keyboard and which is better, swype or normal typing(querks and all)?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

the screen on the x is so big you might think your using a keyboard, swype is an amazing feature, that cannot and should not be overlooked!

ccsoccer03 likes this.
  3. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

Moved to the main DX forum, as this isn't really Root related. :)

ccsoccer03 likes this.
  4. trav473

trav473 Android Enthusiast

take the time and learn to swipe. its frustrating as hell at first, but after a couple days you will get used to it. Then when you bring up the multitouch kb, you will find yourseld tryin to swype on it. lol

ccsoccer03 likes this.
  5. gibbga

gibbga Member

Definitely give Swype a try. It takes some getting used to things like blocking some letters with your finger as you swype across the screen and not being able to see them, but once you get the hang of it you'll never go back. Also, highly recommend taking the tutorial they give you if you've never used it. It is one of the rare times that a tutorial is helpful.

ccsoccer03 likes this.
  6. thedrizl

thedrizl Android Enthusiast

i used to demand a great physical keyboard, too. honestly, since i got my DX, i haven't even noticed that it's missing. it took about a week to get used to the virtual keyboard. and i don't even use swype.

7. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

In very rare circumstances do I miss not having a physical keyboard. Touch screen keyboards work really well.

8. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

Physical keyboards suck!

9. Greavous

Greavous Android Enthusiast

I came from a physical keyboard and thought Id miss it. I didnt skip a beat making the change. In landscape the kb is awesome.

10. bishop0114

bishop0114 Member

Agreed... I thought loosing the keyboard would be hard but after just a few days, I can't imagine going back to a hardware keyboard. I personally don't use swipe and have used Smart Keyboard Pro for the last year. The endless choices is just one of the many things you will come to like about the software keyboard...

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews