• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nggomez60

Feb 19, 2010
Just upgraded from a Droid Eris to the X. It is soooo pretttyyy. Only complaint to far is it shard to delete applications from the home screens (apparently when it glows red it doesnt mean it will be deleted unless you make it REALLY red). More fun user experiences to follow!

glad to hear it man. it's such an awesome phone, i feel bad when people get a dud. i want everyone to have the same experience I have. i am glad you got a good one. now it's time unleash that puppy so it can see its full potential! give this forum a serious read. there are a lot of really knowledgeable folks here. if you have any more questions about this beast, please dont hesitate to ask. unlike most forums, people here dont flame just because a member asks a question that has been asked before.

welcome to the DX addiction. hope to see you stick around.

Upvote 0
glad to hear it man. it's such an awesome phone, i feel bad when people get a dud. i want everyone to have the same experience I have. i am glad you got a good one. now it's time unleash that puppy so it can see its full potential! give this forum a serious read. there are a lot of really knowledgeable folks here. if you have any more questions about this beast, please dont hesitate to ask. unlike most forums, people here dont flame just because a member asks a question that has been asked before.

welcome to the DX addiction. hope to see you stick around.

rinse and repeat! +10

Upvote 0
I'll be taking in my second bad screen dx today. I also had one with what sounded like a blown speaker when talking on the phone. The phone is great but thinking they got a large batch of bad screens from their vendor. I hope dx number 4 will be good.

Btw, my buddy has had his dx from day one (pre ordered) and his has been flawless. Just my bad luck I guess.

Upvote 0
I'll be taking in my second bad screen dx today. I also had one with what sounded like a blown speaker when talking on the phone. The phone is great but thinking they got a large batch of bad screens from their vendor. I hope dx number 4 will be good.

Btw, my buddy has had his dx from day one (pre ordered) and his has been flawless. Just my bad luck I guess.

lol, I had the same problem. My first X had a dead pixel and bad mic, 2nd X had a blown earpiece, 3rd X had a very yellow screen and a blown speaker, 4th X had dirt or dust under the screen.. I finally got a flawless X and couldn't be happier with it..

Upvote 0
Just upgraded from a Droid Eris to the X. It is soooo pretttyyy. Only complaint to far is it shard to delete applications from the home screens (apparently when it glows red it doesnt mean it will be deleted unless you make it REALLY red). More fun user experiences to follow!
You do know you have to move the app you want to delete to over the trash can. Seems pretty easy to me.

Upvote 0
I am about to buy an X. Where did you guys get yours, Androy? (that provides the easy return service)? If I buy from Amazon, I can't then take the phone into a Verizon store for a hardware swap, right?

This means it might be worth paying more for a phone (i.e. buying it in a store vs online for cheaper) in case I need to get a replacement due to a hardware issue.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0
I am about to buy an X. Where did you guys get yours, Androy? (that provides the easy return service)? If I buy from Amazon, I can't then take the phone into a Verizon store for a hardware swap, right?

This means it might be worth paying more for a phone (i.e. buying it in a store vs online for cheaper) in case I need to get a replacement due to a hardware issue.

Thoughts?

Mine has worked perfectly since I got it. Bought at a VZW store in July. They were on b/o then but I only waitied about a week and a half. Not sure what the stock is like now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones