• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Dropbox for ICS

Stigy

Some say...
Nov 5, 2009
They just release a update for dropbox. Not in the market yet so you can grab it from their website.

(12/20) - Android Forum Build - 1.3.0.6 Dropbox Forums

Direct Link: Dropbox - Dropbox1306.apk - Simplify your life

Hey all,

We're excited to have an updated preview to our upcoming Android release for you to try out!

Since our last preview we've fixed a bunch of bugs, added support for the languages we support beyond just English, and have optimized Dropbox on Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

As a reminder, in this release the app has been given a huge visual and under-the-hood overhaul, adding a bunch of new features:

Prob should've posted this in Applications but thx anyway :)

Respectfully disagree. People really wouldn't have any clue to go there to look for it. However a more in-depth discussion on the app, how it works, etc would be more appropriate to move there. Just an announcement of the app here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the info, I'm grabbing it now.

Upvote 0
I don't want to worry anyone about this. and I'm no pro. but yesterday i got my first two reboots with this thing. it was weird and i was nervous. Because they happened pretty close to each other. This new Drop Box and HD Christmas Wallpaper were the only two new apps i installed yesterday. So I uninstalled this new Drop Box and haven't had one since. It could be total coincidence!!!!! So if you do get re-boots once you download this we will know.

Again, i could be totally wrong. Maybe I will be getting another reboot soon. Or maybe it was just my install (something went wrong)? Just letting you guys know in case it happens to you......

Upvote 0
I don't want to worry anyone about this. and I'm no pro. but yesterday i got my first two reboots with this thing. it was weird and i was nervous. Because they happened pretty close to each other. This new Drop Box and HD Christmas Wallpaper were the only two new apps i installed yesterday. So I uninstalled this new Drop Box and haven't had one since. It could be total coincidence!!!!! So if you do get re-boots once you download this we will know.

Again, i could be totally wrong. Maybe I will be getting another reboot soon. Or maybe it was just my install (something went wrong)? Just letting you guys know in case it happens to you......

Ya it's not the new Dropbox. It happens to me every now and then - even before installing this latest vers. It's random things that cause it to freeze up & reboot. Nothing too common though..just minor annoyance is all really

Upvote 0
Usually i wouldn't worry. But they were both real close yesterday. I'm talking twice in two hours. and before that it NEVER happened once. I got this thing the first second it was available (at Verizon at 6:30a.m. release day) and haven't stopped touching it yet!!!!!!!

so hopefully it was just coincidence. I'll just wait to the new drop box to be in the market just in case. I know it probably is the exact same thing as above but i will just make me feel better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones