1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New email icon not going away

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jhankes, Mar 14, 2011.

1. jhankes

jhankes Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I just got my samsung Mesmerize yesterday, set up my exchange email and everything seems to sync just fine execept I have a little icon above my email that says 6 indicating that i have 6 new emails. When I check, there is no new emails to be found. I've tried to go into every folder and check for new messages, but can't find where these "new" messages are at. I've tried to refresh the folders and tried pushing the sync option but the icon isn't going away. Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    Is it happening only on your exchange account?

What is most likely happening is that your exchange server is still showing those messages as new.

Check your email account settings and make sure you have the sync set up so that if you delete or read an email on your phone the exchange server marks it read or deletes it. That is probably why its not updating.

Another thing you can do before you go to that trouble is download the K9 mail app. A much better email app than the stock email platform. It makes happy with exchange much better than the stock app.