1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

New Eve owner, couple questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nismo, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Nismo

Nismo Member

Feb 25, 2010
    hey guys, just got my eve couple days ago, this is my first smart phone, so far i love it, i was kinda skeptical at first from all the returns and evreything, but maybe i got a lucky one. of course the one thing that is kind of annoying are the super sensitive keys. couple questions for you guys

is there a way to have your virtual keyboard on, with the stupid IME off?

how do i turn my automatic phone lock off? have it so it just locks when i press the lock button, not everytime my screen timesout.

i dont like how there is no percentege on the battery on the status bar, iv tried a couple widgets, but havent found anything i like yet, any suggestions?

how do i save test messages? are you guys using the text ap that comes on the phone? or is that handcent ap the way to go?

i also have the task killer, its awesome. but some of the aps are on there and i havent even opened them? myspace and telenav seem to be the most popular, i dont even use these aps, i know i cant uninstall them, but can i disable them or somthing?

thanks

Advertisement

2. largecharge

largecharge Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    this my first smart phone too so a big upgrade for me. i'm happy with mine too. now in answer to some of your issues:

phone lock should be in your settings there. just map around.

i use 'battery indicator' from the market. i think you will like it.

as for task killer, you have to keep going back in to close them. i know a bit annoying. i use advanced task killer myself.

britbloke is suppose to be posting a thread soon so you can root/uninstall apps your not using.looking forward to that ! i don't use moxier crap & telenav & some other bloatware.

hope this helps ;)

3. Nismo

Nismo Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks,

i also use the advanced taskiller, for the keyboard i just downloaded the better keyboard, i also tried the swype one, activate one of those over the IME soft keyboard and it works great

for the battery i used better cut to create a shortcut to the battery status in spare parts, i like it.

iv seen the root over at zacspad, but i think its a little over my head, altho it would defiantly be nice to get rid of the bloatware

4. largecharge

largecharge Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010

swype one ? where is that on the market?
    created shortcut to the battery status in spare parts?
    how did you do that ?

5. Nismo

Nismo Member

Feb 25, 2010
    its called "Swype" not sure if its on the market yet, im in canada so i cant get paid apps, so i got it else where...

download the spare parts app(free) pretty useful, then i used "bettercut" to create a shortcut to the battery status, im sure the free version "anycut" will do that same. doesnt take up and resources, unlike a widget, and tells you other info on the battery.

Tags: