1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

New Evo 3D user

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Braven1979, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Braven1979

Braven1979 Lurker

Hello everybody! [​IMG] I'm new to these forums and am a first time android user. I should explain before I get to my questions and concerns. I'm coming from AT&T and switching to Sprint. I'm a previous owner of an iPhone and I'm looking to enter the Android community so to speak and I'm interested in the HTC Evo 3D phone as my first android phone. Now on to my questions and concerns.

1. I've been reading on the forums here that a lot of people complain about random reboots and apps crashing and it sort of concerns me. Are these people that have these issues in the minority or is it a major problem that could hinder my experience?

2. The 3D is not the only reason why I'm considering this phone but it is one of the contributing factors into why I want this phone. As I understand it you have to create a HTC Watch account to buy or rent 3D movies. Is this true? And when you buy or rent 3D movies do you have to have a credit card or do they add it to your bill?

Sorry if these have been asked before but as I said I'm new here and don't know my way around here yet so please bear with me. Thanks to anybody who can help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

Welcome Braven1979

1. Random reboots / apps crashing - that, I believe is not the norm, but rather, the exception. As long as you don't install un-reviewed apps, you "should" be safe. Note that the android market is not as 'controlled' as the apple app store, so some rogue apps do make it to the android market at times.
    Just use common sense (example: don't install apps that claim to offer free (cracked) versions of paid apps), and you should be fine.

The EVO 3D is a well established phone and most bugs have been resolved.

2. I have not used HTC Watch - watching a 3D movie on this screen size somehow isn't appealing enough for me :) But yes, you will need to create the account (unless you can 'get' the movie into a file on your SD card - then you can view it directly without any account creation)

Since you are coming over to Sprint and are looking at Android, I should mention that there are two good phones coming to Sprint in the very near future - the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and the EVo 4G LTE. Both of these will support LTE (when Sprint brings that network up - hopefully later this year) - assuming of course that you are in one of the cities that will be covered by Sprint LTE.

The EVO 3D is scheduled to get the ICS update sometime soon (no official ETA at this time), and is no slouch. Great specs, fast - but if you are a person who wants the latest and greatest, do consider the aforementioned devices too.

Once again, welcome :)

jerofld likes this.
  3. Braven1979

Braven1979 Lurker

Thank you very much jj! Your response was very informative and helpful. Much appreciated! :)

If anybody else has anything to add please feel free.

4. marctronixx

Hello Braven,

welcome to the forums!

I respectfully ask that you give the search tool here a good try and get your feet wet so to speak with the already previously posted info on the very same things you are asking.

I can understand how you may be overwhelmed with a new device and being new to the forums, so thats why there are sticky threads up top to give the casual observer and even a seasoned member some things that are "need to knows" about the handset.

in the interest of the forum and to keep redundant posts down, i will close this thread. there is some good info here posted by jj above and that should get you started.

if you need any personal assistance, feel free to message me off list and i will happily point you to a good thread or two to assist with your questions. I am also a 3D user so I have direct experience with the handset since day one of launch.

a wealth of information here in this forum. type in a search string and see what comes back. :)

jerofld and DonB like this.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews