• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New EVO 4G Rooting Question

luvswa

Lurker
Sep 19, 2011
I bought an EVO 4G when they first came out a little over a year ago. I recently dropped it and the phone was ruined. They sent me a replacement and the Android Version is 2.3.3, Build # 4.53.651.1, Software # 4.53.651.1.
I rooted my old EVO and was wondering if there was still away to Root the new Build #s. It's very confusing to me how this all works and had some help with the rooting of my first EVO butafter reading some stuff now it appears that there may not be a way to root these newer phones with the new software and build #'s. I don't mean to seem so stupid on this but there is so much information out there to read on the topic which I have done but am still a bit confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones