1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New EVO 4G Rooting Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by luvswa, Sep 19, 2011.

1. luvswa

luvswa Lurker

I bought an EVO 4G when they first came out a little over a year ago. I recently dropped it and the phone was ruined. They sent me a replacement and the Android Version is 2.3.3, Build # 4.53.651.1, Software # 4.53.651.1.
    I rooted my old EVO and was wondering if there was still away to Root the new Build #s. It's very confusing to me how this all works and had some help with the rooting of my first EVO butafter reading some stuff now it appears that there may not be a way to root these newer phones with the new software and build #'s. I don't mean to seem so stupid on this but there is so much information out there to read on the topic which I have done but am still a bit confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

As long as your Hboot is one that listed as supported on the revolutionary website your good to go. I had to have a replacement this week and I rooted it no problems.

4. luvswa

luvswa Lurker

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews