• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NEW Evo and Root?

bearjew7080

Feb 14, 2011
What's up guys. Not 100% sure so I thought i'd just ask. But i just broke my awesome EVO last night and the insurance company sent me what looks like a brand new EVO, non-refurbished.

Phone stats: android 2.3.3
Build 4.24 release -keys
sofware: 4.24
pri; 2.15_003

My phone that broke had Kings r3 neon and taimet sbc kernal and I loved it. Question is, this new phone rootable? I remember people saying the brand new evo's dont have root capability yet... I would be UPSET if i had to leave this stock ROM crap!

What's up guys. Not 100% sure so I thought i'd just ask. But i just broke my awesome EVO last night and the insurance company sent me what looks like a brand new EVO, non-refurbished.

Phone stats: android 2.3.3
Build 4.24 release -keys
sofware: 4.24
pri; 2.15_003

My phone that broke had Kings r3 neon and taimet sbc kernal and I loved it. Question is, this new phone rootable? I remember people saying the brand new evo's dont have root capability yet... I would be UPSET if i had to leave this stock ROM crap!

yep you should be able to root. now use this guide: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html

Reactions: bearjew7080
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones