1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New EVO, Old Market?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by i VTAK, Jun 23, 2011.

1. i VTAK

i VTAK Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Indiana,USA
    So my wifes family finally upgraded phones, 2 of them got EVO's. Neither of them are updated to 2.3. The weird thing is that one has the old Android market and one has the new market. I've had my EVO since before the market changed, but I really don't recall doing anything to update it, it just updated one day? So after searching through her phone I can't figure out how to make it update. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Android Expert
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    It'll pull it in on it's own. Just let it sit.

If you had the Evo 4g and either rooted it, or had it when the update from 2.1 to 2.2 came live, you'd see that happen. Flashing roms causes this as well, if you use default GApps. Like on CM7, unless you use someone's custom GApps that are all pre-updated, it will all be old. Then it gets all of it's push updates within a few minutes. Don't worry about it.

For further proof, I rooted one of the guy's OG Droid at my command here (CM7, that phone is actually fast as heck now, comparatively to how it was stock), and when I flashed the GApps, it was all the old stuff. He was kinda freaking for about 15 minutes when it wasn't updating, but patience pays. Took about 20 minutes with no Wi-Fi and next to no signal. Just chill and it'll fix itself right up to how it should be.

3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Android Expert
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    Funky, a double post with the EXACT same post time. NOICE. Where's my 4chan folder for a check my dubs picture...

4. hsh.shawn

hsh.shawn Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    General Manager Reclamation facility
    Columbus, Oh
    Go into settings->applications->find market and clear cache and data will reload and should be the new market

i VTAK likes this.
Tags: