• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New EVO owner here!

MattN03

Lurker
Jun 9, 2011
Hi, I just bought a EVO to replace my Hero. Wow, what an upgrade! :D I've got a couple questions on the EVO. Is there a suggested app that can unlock the phone without pressing the power button? Also, where is a good place to find a quality screen protector? I bought the phone with an Otterbox, so I already have a case.

Welcome to the Forum.
I like ZAGG for Screen protecters, not sure about everyone else.
What do you mean, "unlock"?

Thanks for the welcome & suggestion :)

I'm wondering if instead of having to push the power button and then swiping the screen to unlock the phone, is there a good app that would allow me to push one of the 4 bottom buttons or volume control and then swipe? It takes me both hands to unlock this monster! I guess I'm so used to the smaller Hero and how the power button was on the bottom and could be activated with my thumb.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the welcome & suggestion :)

I'm wondering if instead of having to push the power button and then swiping the screen to unlock the phone, is there a good app that would allow me to push one of the 4 bottom buttons or volume control and then swipe? It takes me both hands to unlock this monster! I guess I'm so used to the smaller Hero and how the power button was on the bottom and could be activated with my thumb.
Also look at SoundHound - Android app on AppBrain
Exactly what I was thinking. This is your ticket OP, I have this on my phone, and always use it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones