• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New EVO Owner Needs Advice on Case

I just picked up an EVO for my teenage son when VM had their sale. It's a great phone and I'm a bit jealous since I'm still using an aging iPhone 3GS. Anyway, he's a typical teenage boy and not known to take delicate care of his phones. For example, he jumped into the pool last sumer with his LG Optimus V in his pocket.

I've been searching the forums for case advice and someone recommended the Trident cases. Anyone have experience with this one:

Amazon.com: Trident AG-EVO-3D-BL Aegis Hybrid Case for HTC EVO 3D - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories

Also, it looks like the camera lenses could be easily scratched. Will this case protect it or is there anyway to project them?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I have the otterbox defender series, best 20 bucks I've spent. I work in shop classes at school I've had my phone fall off the table (3-4 ft off ground) On to solid concrete floor dozens of times. I drop my phone just to show my friends how strong the otterbox is. I even threw it at a brick wall with no damage whats so ever. I fully backup otterboxes. 20 dollars is cheaper than having to spend 299$ for a new phone ;)

Reactions: bill deburg
Upvote 0
This is the case that I use for my Evo V. It's called the Cell-Nerds Triple Defender Case. I like it a lot. It comes in several other colors in case you don't like lime green. I've gotten quite a few compliments on my case. I think it does a good job of protecting my phone.

Amazon.com: Cell-Nerds Triple Defender Case Cover Bright Green and Black compatible with The Sprint HTC EVO 3D 4G or The Virgin Mobile HTC EVO V - Cell-Nerds Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

I had wondered if those cases were good.

Upvote 0
Have one of those cases. Very nice and sturdy. Camera seems pretty safe. But this case increases the size of the phone enough that docks are pretty much unusable. Maybe look at the seido ones that are so supposed to be usable with docks if that matters. I have ordered the seido active but not in yet.

We looked at all of the cases mentioned, but I let him decide. He picked the Trident Aegis Hybrid Case. I think he liked the color! Picked it up on eBay for $15 with free shipping thanks to a recommendation here. Seller shipped today and will probably have it tomorrow.

If he doesn't like it, I think I'll suggest he gets the Seido next.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones