• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New EVO Owners: Please Report Your Build Quality

edlex

Android Expert
May 17, 2010
Miami, FL
It would be very helpful if those of you just getting a new or replacement EVO would report the status of your build quality. At a minimum please state the date received and general build quality along with any other details you find important. It would definitely help those of us waiting to buy or replace their EVO's as well as be able to track any modifications HTC is making to the assembly process.

Thanks everyone...

I just got my new replacement phone yesterday, hardware version 3.
The overall build quality just seems better. The screen is so much brighter, the whites are not washed out. The back cover even seems to fit better, no light leakage, the screen is below the bezel.
I have not used it a whole lot yet though, cause it's not activated yet. Waiting on word from HTC if they want my old phone or not.

Upvote 0
For those with HW003s, where did you pick them up? I've got a bit of light leakage and the grounding issue. I'm sure as hell not leaving Sprint or the EVOs in general, but I would like the peace of mind of one that doesn't have those (or any other) issues. I've got chargers out the wazoo, so battery issues don't affect me. :D

Upvote 0
For those with HW003s, where did you pick them up? I've got a bit of light leakage and the grounding issue. I'm sure as hell not leaving Sprint or the EVOs in general, but I would like the peace of mind of one that doesn't have those (or any other) issues. I've got chargers out the wazoo, so battery issues don't affect me. :D

i would like to know as well did you guys get it from bb or Rs

Sent from Evolcious

Upvote 0
Mine is HW003, bought from Sprint Store, slight light leakage visible only in the dark, right bottom glass raised tiny bit at level of bezel, right side back battery cover fit not perfect but not so bad either.

LOL damn looks like HW003 is a dud also. I have HW002 the only problem is with light leakage ...& nothing else. I might be just better off keeping this right now.

Upvote 0
Hardware Version 0002.

Zero issues so far. No light leakage, no raised screen, no crashing, no tin sounding audio etc. Everythings rock solid and the battery life is GREAT after rooting with Fresh Rom .02 and all.

Kinda sad rooting and Fresh Rom .02 was needed to make the battery work right though.

HTC's engineers must really suck at optimizing there own shit. Epic fail HTC!

Thank god for hackers right! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones