1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support new evo user here

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lharvey180, Feb 17, 2011.

1. lharvey180

lharvey180 Lurker

Ok so got my evo last night and although I love it so far I am a little nervous. I have been seeing that there is a problem with the charging port. Is this something I should be concerned with? Also it seems like the screen is potentially very fragile. Not like I'm very hard on my phones just an occasional drop. Again is this something I need to be concerned with? I guess I'm just overly paranoid about my new toy!

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Congrats on the new Evo :). I understand how you feel. That's natural after getting a new toy like this. The charging port issues only a few some people. And you also have to realize that, as with any issue, you're only going to hear about the people have have problems. People don't start thread very often to just say everything works fine. Charge the phone like normal, and if it stops working for any reason, take it back to Sprint. Unless you suspect an actual problem, don't worry about it. As for the screen, these phones do have some recurring issues with screen separation and light leakage, but for the post part, it's cosmetic. I'm guessing you're referring to the actual strength of the screen, though. Just remember - it is glass, after all. It's strong, but every time you drop it, you risk shattering it. That's the way it is with touch screen phones. Just remember to be careful, and if you're paranoid, make sure you have insurance.

3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

It's been a while where I've seen loose charge ports and screen separation as widespread issues, even on these forums. Both issues were more common when the Evo was first launched. These days, if you get a new Evo, it's not common to hear about these issues.

Now, if you get a replacement for whatever reason, you may be likely to get a refurb, which could likely have these issues. Demand for the Evo is still high, and there isn't much of a surplus of new phones. So your replacement will most likely be a refurb, an Evo that was likely previously returned for some defect. I'd say your chances of encountering problems are higher on the replacement, so unless you have a severe problem with your Evo, don't try to swap it out.