1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New FB upgrades not working on D3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TennDave, Aug 28, 2011.

1. TennDave

TennDave Newbie
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    I think this has been mentioned before but as FB upgrades the Android FB App, there are more and more issues. The latest has been that when I go to chat and msg someone and they answer me, it doesn't show up for me. A friend of mine thought I had ignored her and confronted me the next day about it.

The solution for me has been downloading the new FB "Messenger." Unfortunately it can't tell you who's on and who's not on FB but it works without a hitch. A little cumbersome but I go to FB with the original FB App and see who's on, then use the "messenger" to msg and chat with my friends.

Although it's working- I shouldn't have to do all of this and use 2 Apps to get things working properly. Does anyone know a way to just use 1 App? I have all notifications, enabled in both FB and my D3.

Advertisement

2. TennDave

TennDave Newbie
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    Anyone? Still dealing with this. I can live with it but would rather not.

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member

For chat I use ebuddy. I have FB and Gtalk on it, for the most part it's really good.
    I am getting more and more frustrated with FB and the app...viewing pictures sucks now. Sometimes they load and sometimes they don't.
    I so wish I could get my peeps over to G+

TennDave likes this.
  4. TennDave

TennDave Newbie
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    I do appreciate your input- but for personal reasons I stay away from Gtalk. I do use it in invisible mode to see who's on (with talk). If I can be invisible w/ Gtalk and still use the FB portion of ebuddy, I'd do it. Do you know if this is possible? I'd like to know also- does ebuddy show who's on line with either or both FB or Gtalk??

5. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member

I have not tried to use Gtalk in invisible mode and just looked through setting in ebuddy. Didn't see anything for it. You can set your status as away though...
    Yes, it shows who is online for both.

6. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Central NY
    FB Chat doesn't even load my friends anymore lol I've given up on that app ever being any good

7. TennDave

TennDave Newbie
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    Thanks again- I tried the ebuddy but ended up uninstalling it and taking it's status off of my FB account. I just didn't like the "away" for me to be after a certain amount of time. I would have liked to be able to be "away" or invisible and still see who's on line. I guess I'll keep using my current method although it would certainly be better if they would get all the flaws out of the Android FB app, once and for all.