• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New FH13 update - anyone get it yet?

davis.rob

Sep 20, 2011
So Sprint announced a new ICS update yesterday, version SD710.10S.FH13 (MR 4). Supposedly includes a battery life improvement. I'm hoping they've fixed some of the Bluetooth issues as well, but not holding my breath. :(

No reports of anyone getting it yet that I've seen, or pointers to a manual download.

Installing update now...

Houston, TX

Attachments

• FH13.png
    FH13.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 0
Interesting ... I just downloaded and connected Kies and got the same thing. Looks like it allows you to manually upload FH13 that way. Running now ...

Upgrade finished no problem, and I'm on FH13. Not seeing much difference ... battery life might be a touch better than FF18 (which was actually OK for me), but tough to really quantify.

The upgrade does NOT seem to include a fix for the Bluetooth problem I was hoping for. In my car, when I connect both a HandsFree and an A2DP deivice I get audio glitches ... warbling on the phone audio and occasional skips on the music. Still happening with FH13. :(

Upvote 0
Make sure you've got Kies and not the browser based Kies Air ... totally different. The Kies program should detect that your phone is not up-to-date as soon as it connects and offer you the chance to upgrade.

I tried Kies Air and like you said doesn't work. I looked for Kies on my apps and the Play Store and could not find it. Where is this app?

Upvote 0
Ive have not gotten the newst update. I eent round and round with Sprint yesterday because of all the isusses im having after my phone got ics. They are sending me a replaement phone thst supposedly still has gingerbread.the suppervisor said do not under any circumstance upgrade the to ics. Ignore the update messages.there are too many probelms with ics. Ill see of the replacement is ehat thry say it is.

Upvote 0
Kies is horrible. Took forever to download only to get stuck on the connecting screen when I tried to hook it up to my phone. I tried some of the fixes suggested in these forums but none of them work so whether Kries works or not I guess is just a matter of luck. I got the update a couple days later and as was already pointed out in here it made absolutely no difference so that was a waste.

Upvote 0
So Sprint announced a new ICS update yesterday, version SD710.10S.FH13 (MR 4). Supposedly includes a battery life improvement. I'm hoping they've fixed some of the Bluetooth issues as well, but not holding my breath. :(

No reports of anyone getting it yet that I've seen, or pointers to a manual download.

I got the OTA on Sunday August 26 and the battery life got worse not better.

Upvote 0
I have a Galaxy S2 on Ting. To force the ICS update 3 weeks ago, and then today force the FH13 update, I performed the following steps:

1) Make sure phone is fully charged or is plugged into power (it's also is good to be on wi-fi)
2) Settings > Applications > All (tab at top)
3) scroll down and select Google Service Framework, Tap on Clear Data
4) go to system update and update PRL, then update Profile, then update android (aka Samsung Software).
5) if step 4 doesn't result in an update being applied, repeat steps 1 through 4. For some reason I sometimes have to do it twice before it works. It might be whatever step 3 is clearing gets "uncleared" if you're too slow -- not sure.

-Tom

By the way -- Ting is a great service -- you pay full price for the phone up front, but you make that back with the very low monthly costs (as long as you stay on wi-fi at home, your monthly charges are very low). Here is my return on investment spreadsheet for 4 phones --> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag9JX5TNCrcBdGZ1RnYxWnlHQ0MydFEzaDF4NFlnTlE

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones