• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
OK, I have a nearly dead battery in the phone, and I just powered it off - while connected to my charger.

What's more, the charging light blinked off when it powered off, then blinked right back on.

I will check the phone in a coupe of hours and see if it is actually charging the battery or not.

If so, then this is excellent news.

I am also going to test this on a AC-sourced charger (all of these have been using PC-powered charging).

Finally, I will also test using my Multimedia Dock.

So far, though, so good.

Upvote 0
Didn't work here. Powered the phone off while connected and it came right back on using an AC power source.

Have the FRG01B file you received OTA that was linked in another thread. I'm not rooted. Maybe that's the determining factor.

On AC power it does seem to come back - not right away but it was on this morning so it definitely came back.

And no, this was first seen by me when I was on the unrooted FRG01B - the same file I linked to....

It must be your new froyo file. Hasn't stayed off for me. That said, no desire for it to!

Has happened many times, but only when plugged to the computer's USB.

Come to think of it, it might *also* be the latest 4.6.5 drivers...

too many variables....

Upvote 0
Has happened many times, but only when plugged to the computer's USB.

Come to think of it, it might *also* be the latest 4.6.5 drivers...

too many variables....

It must have something to do with the drivers, because that would also make sense. Like I said before, there's no reason to want the phone to stay off....UNLESS you're tinkering with it while plugged into usb. sometimes you want to reboot into recovery so you shut the phone off and it turns back on before you can hold x. It makes sense from a dev standpoint, so I'm going to go out on a limb and "blame" the new drivers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones