• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help new firmware from samsung new pc studio

Why i can't see ih8 new firmware in new pc studio?

Help Please

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 0
Have managed to flash the H8 onto a o2 UK one which originally came with H6.

I used the image that momagic provided and used the Odin client that kam187 provided. All I needed to do was first select OPS and then select the Orion.ops file kam187 provided. I then made sure that "One Package" was checked. After that selected the One Package Button and dirrected it to I7500XXIH8-PDA-CL53973-REV5(VIA).tar

I then pressed volume down button + ok + hang up call untill the downloading screen apeared. I then started and Odion client. Let it do its thing and it flashed on H8 \o/

Upvote 0
I'm just going from what I learned from the H7 update, really. Kam187 said not to apply the CSC if we didn't want Italian operator settings, etc. The H7 CSC .tar file only contained "cache.img", and this file is also included in the "one package" file for H8, hence why I removed it from mine before applying it.

I believe the CSC is one of the factors that comes in to play with regards to firmware update checking via NPS, and it also might determine which apps are available in the Market.

Kam187 is probably more the expert in this kind of thing, so I'll happily defer to him for a better or more accurate explanation!

Chris
just updated to I7500XXIH8 via Odin.

PDA: I7500XXIH8
Phone: I7500XXIH8
CSC:I7500VIAIH4 -->

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I flashed to the H8 firmware and now I cannot see US specific applicaitons such as E online, pandora, etc. which I could see on H7. Also, I cant download paid applicaitons either, but I couldnt do that before. Anyone else having these problems.

I can't see US specific applications either, but then I never could before. I'm in the UK using a German galaxy (which I believe is the same as the UK version).

I can see and download paid applications, but there are some applications that I can't download (e.g. snap photo pro). I believe this is a general market issue with android. There is some info here Apps missing in HTC Hero Market?.... - Android Market Help

Upvote 0
I got [my H8 file] by Megaupload. I'll make a quick search

EDIT: here you are Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
Ok, got it.

I have updated, but did not do a factory reset. My APN list now works, and I note that the new Switcher can toggle GPS directly (whereas other apps such as Toggle Settings have to open the Settings so you can set the check mark manually). Very nice. However, the internal compass, and thus Sky Map, is still crazy wrong.

Upvote 0
can someone please explain me how to update the IH8 on my phone. i understand the whole process but IH8 update i downloaded from megaupload contains files: system, kernel, recovery, cache and amss. there is no orion.aps, and other stuff to start with odin multi. how did you guys update?

Upvote 0
can someone please explain me how to update the IH8 on my phone. i understand the whole process but IH8 update i downloaded from megaupload contains files: system, kernel, recovery, cache and amss. there is no orion.aps, and other stuff to start with odin multi. how did you guys update?

There's a guide here: The Chronicles of Cjeni a.k.a. Dejan Cencelj: Flash ROM Samsung I7500 Galaxy for dummies

I downloaded odin with the H7 firmware, not sure if there's a direct download somewhere else.

Upvote 0

You use the orion.aps that was already with odin when you downloaded it, as in the link above. Also you're best off deleting cache.img from inside the h8 tar file, selecting the one package option in odin and point it to the h8 tar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones