• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Firmware Today: 9.2.1.24

TexasBadger

Android Enthusiast
Dec 10, 2010
Dallas Area
ASUS has released an update to their ASUS Transformer TF101 today to add Face Unlock and a few other features. This update to the ASUS Transformer TF101 that has already been running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich brings its software to version 9.2.1.24 and adds functionality and improves system stability.

ASUS Transformer TF101 9.2.1.24 Update Features:

Improves system stability

Improves Email App stability

Improves MyNet stability

Improves MyLibrary stability

Add System Bar Lock: Lock the system bar when playing games

Add Face Unlock feature: Unlock your tablet with face recognition [Haven't figured out how to do this yet.]

Add Email App new feature: Email download size/Thread/Out of office notification/Mail Sync schedule

When I went to bed last night I was at 11 hours checked this AM was at 8 hours. So there was a reboot overnight. I did do a cold/hard reset after installing .24.
Could be a video thing I did play around with all the players trying to make sure they all worked. I going to avoid videos for a few days to see if that is the culprit.
Thankfully since ICS release the only issues I have had are reboots while sleeping at around 72 hours and a rare SOD.

Upvote 0
After a bit more extrensive testing, it is definitely more stable. I went the entire Champions League final without a reboot (nearly 3 hours), but when I went to use Youtube straight after, it rebooted. Pre the update, I would've had at least 2 in that time so it's def improved. I don't reckon it's rebooting whilst askleep either.

Also no more screen activating when it's asleep either! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones