• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Firmware Update

D

Deleted User

Due anytime now. Sony Ericsson have stated the following today.

Apologies, the X10 handsets firmware update is currently due for release and will be available imminently.

and

Hi, This update mentioned is for the X10 handset which is due for release imminently.

Keep checking folks!

What will it include?
i think its the battery update its supposed to last twice as long. but dont quote me on that im just saying that cause i did a search and thats what sony has claimed will be their next update for. but just too let everyone know only way youll be able to get this update is if your debranded. if your not you gotta wait for your carrier to release the update.if they release it.

Upvote 0
i think its the battery update its supposed to last twice as long. but dont quote me on that im just saying that cause i did a search and thats what sony has claimed will be their next update for. but just too let everyone know only way youll be able to get this update is if your debranded. if your not you gotta wait for your carrier to release the update.if they release it.

Wouldn't it be great if they released the 2.1 update as a suprice :( O well at least my battery will last longer.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm more concerned about the speaker volume than the battery issue.
With you on this one, love the handset (even more now that I have the SWYPE keyboard) but the earpiece volume is dire, a real struggle to hear when outside.
These days there always seems to be a basic element missing from high-end devices, don't get me wrong I'm not a moaner for the sake of it but low volume, no data/file transfer over bluetooth, even my old N97 did these things (although phone reception was crap as the antenna was located under your hand).
Come on Ericsson, let's get it sorted.

Upvote 0
With you on this one, love the handset (even more now that I have the SWYPE keyboard) but the earpiece volume is dire, a real struggle to hear when outside.
These days there always seems to be a basic element missing from high-end devices, don't get me wrong I'm not a moaner for the sake of it but low volume, no data/file transfer over bluetooth, even my old N97 did these things (although phone reception was crap as the antenna was located under your hand).
Come on Ericsson, let's get it sorted.

I also had an N97 before i upgraded to this phone, i really enjoyed using the keyboard and the big 32GB memory, the sad thing was about the phone was that the phone was just so slow.

Another downside to this phone is that the mouthpiece is in a shocking position...

Upvote 0
I also had an N97 before i upgraded to this phone, i really enjoyed using the keyboard and the big 32GB memory, the sad thing was about the phone was that the phone was just so slow.

Another downside to this phone is that the mouthpiece is in a shocking position...

I had an N97 too and althought I like the technology of the X10 I miss terribly being able to hear people that I am trying to talk to on the phone! Quite how this got through the sound quality testing at SE I will never know!
If they don't release a volume fix then I am going to kick up an almighty fuss - it's almost not fit for purpose as it currently stands...

Upvote 0
Root will allow you to install, delete anything on the phone. Even update the x10i to foro2.2 if you have the zen skills needed to do so.
Root means freedom to set the cell phone up to look and feel the way you want it to. Delete things like mediascape or Playnow or even any of the Moxier apps if you do not wish it on your phone any more.

Reactions: dunphero
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones