• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Firmware Update

Yes it could be compared to the jail break of an iPhone/iPod. This too allowed you access to the base OS and root tools, giving full control over the whole system.

i just got my x10 recently and i am new to the droid world. can someone provide info on how to 'root' the phone. i would love the ability to manage the phone better.

thanks!

Upvote 0
Still thinking of selling the X10 for a desire as the battery last so much longer and will always be more up to date. Shame though as I do like the x10 just a shame that it seems it will all ways be behind all other phones.

I think you've been misinformed. Battery life on the Desire isn't great. My g/f's X10 always seems to last longer than my Desire, and a quick look at the technical specs of both phones says that the advantage in battery life goes to the X10

The grass isn't always greener.

Upvote 0
I think you've been misinformed. Battery life on the Desire isn't great. My g/f's X10 always seems to last longer than my Desire, and a quick look at the technical specs of both phones says that the advantage in battery life goes to the X10

The grass isn't always greener.

Not misinformed at all my friend, I'm comparing my X10 to my mates Desire. Both fully charged and with just sitting there on idle as we are on the beach for 5 hours and my battery will go down by up to a quater and his will still be showing a full battery? That's with all data turned off and the phone untouched on standby.

So my findings are completely different to yours so depending on what info you have and what you can compare it to the grass could be greener :p

Oh and my girlfriend has the Samsung Galaxy Portal that can go 48 hours between charges but that only has a 750mghz processor so that might explain that.

Upvote 0
Not misinformed at all my friend, I'm comparing my X10 to my mates Desire. Both fully charged and with just sitting there on idle as we are on the beach for 5 hours and my battery will go down by up to a quater and his will still be showing a full battery? That's with all data turned off and the phone untouched on standby.

Odd, all the technical specs show that the X10 should be better. I'm also amazed that his Desire shows a full battery after 5 hours on standby. I've got pretty good battery efficiency and mine would be down to about 90% after 5 hours on standby

It's all voodoo dolls and black magic this phone battery stuff :p

Upvote 0
It certainly is!

We went up to Sheffield the other week and the GF spent the whole time surfing the net on her Samsung whilst I drove and my phone had used more battery than hers and mine was on stand by almost all day apart from a couple of emails and then some X10 owners are claiming over 24 hours of battery with moderate use!

But I know I'm a heavy phone user and dont expect amazing results from a smart phone, I do miss my old Sagem phone with heavy use it could last 1 week on a full charge but then again it was a bit low on its specs lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones