• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Firmware

Sorry yes, didn't realise it wasn't out. I've deleted my post and would appreciate if you'd edit the link out of yours?

I was only asking,

So is it official firmware? what country was it from?

This is not an official forum and most links are to firmware that is not out in certain countries yet,

Just wondering how we can get hold of more in the future!

Upvote 0
hehe, sorry, multitasking! Must Drink More Caffeine!

OK it's the UK release with the O2 CSC (if that floats your boat?) as for any good, well the Galaxy is my tertiary phone really so who knows - it powers up and makes phone calls which is working in my book, but I'll be interested to hear (and I really hope) it's an improvement on II5 which I found a bit sluggish.

Remember to do a hard reset after updating won't you.

Upvote 0
hehe, sorry, multitasking! Must Drink More Caffeine!

OK it's the UK release with the O2 CSC (if that floats your boat?) as for any good, well the Galaxy is my tertiary phone really so who knows - it powers up and makes phone calls which is working in my book, but I'll be interested to hear (and I really hope) it's an improvement on II5 which I found a bit sluggish.

Remember to do a hard reset after updating won't you.

did you get this from FUS?
if this is official o2 firmware im going to speak to my contact and find out what they have apprently tried to fix or change.
I know a firmware was going to come out this month but it was a different csc number and all it changed was the stock wall paper lol

Upvote 0
Lets see what happens when i flash my phone.

Now im having an error from the download server : Sorry, the free service is at full capacity.

Had the same error. You just have to try a couple of times. Takes a while too before it's all downloaded. Having it now and will flash it with Odin in a minute to see what happens.

Edit: ok so there's a different boot image, no more Android just a blinking Samsung sign and a new keyboard which I think Samsung has built in. No further differences as far as I can tell right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones