• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NEW! FOX News app for Android ~ download now

Starting today, you can get Fox News wherever you are with the new Fox News Android app for Android powered mobile phones. Receive breaking news alerts, read the day's top stories, stream videos from your favorite shows and more...Go to the Android Market on your phone and search for Fox News to download it now! For more info, go here: FOXNews.com - Fox News Launches Android Application

Starting today, you can get Fox News wherever you are with the new Fox News Android app for Android powered mobile phones. Receive breaking news alerts, read the day's top stories, stream videos from your favorite shows and more...Go to the Android Market on your phone and search for Fox News to download it now! For more info, go here: FOXNews.com - Fox News Launches Android Application

Can you post a regular link not using tinyurl? Our firewall at works blocks tinyurl and we get this on our screen:

Reason for restriction: Forbidden Category "Hacking/Proxy Avoidance Systems"

I searched the Market and get several Fox News apps and widgets, so I'd like to know which one you're talking about.

Upvote 0
Well, hopefully an update will come soon.

- Getting force close errors a lot on Evo.
- Can't change weather location.
- If you don't get alerts off fast, and you get one, can't click to clear. Have to hit clear which clears all app notifications.

Has awesome potential. Very slick interface. Just some minor bugs.

Upvote 0
Well, hopefully an update will come soon.

- Getting force close errors a lot on Evo.
- Can't change weather location.
- If you don't get alerts off fast, and you get one, can't click to clear. Have to hit clear which clears all app notifications.

Has awesome potential. Very slick interface. Just some minor bugs.

The weather location changed for me after I entered my zip code, but it took awhile for it to happen.

The only minor flaw for me is that it doesn't update when I reopen the app. I have hit the refresh button.

As advanced as this app is, it very smooth with no lag. Whoever developed it definitely knows what they're doing.

Upvote 0
I'm no Fox fan, but the app is nice.
I only downloaded it in hopes of spurring more development for Android!

A few pros: Display is very nice and crisp.
Sound is great.
Application layout is nice.

A few cons: Streaming pauses a lot.
It's Fox.

I'll give a try on 4g to see if the streaming works any better.

Edit:
4g removes the streaming issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones