• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new fresh rom....

iscott12

Lurker
Feb 19, 2010
Fresh Rom 2.0d (Android 2.1) by flipz

[ROM] 04/02/10 | Fresh Rom 2.0d (Android 2.1) | visual voicemail + a2sd + lwp - xda-developers

Changes / features:
  • Based on new Sprint leak (thanks damageless. Note that fresh rom is not at all based on damage control, but he shared the leak.)
  • Auto apps2sd (as long as your card is partitioned properly, it will use it)
  • Autokiller (an app that lets you dynamically set your memory kill off points -- you decide how aggressive you want to be. It will ask for root on first boot, make sure to hit always allow. Then once your phone is booted open the app to pick your setting.)
  • Multi-touch maps
  • All protected apps in market (I'll edit this if I get confirmed reports of missing apps)
  • Visual voicemail
  • Live wallpapers (yea, they're back! Keep in mind that our phone can't handle the higher end ones.)
  • Accelerometer working (I broke it in 2.0c while playing with a2sd at the last minute. Oops!)
  • Removed now defunct Sprint NFL and replaced it with the new Sprint Football Live
  • SMS notification led now works
  • Trackball led now works
  • No google sign on error
  • HTC Power Manager(do not use SetCPU!)
  • Espresso bottom bar by flipz
  • Full color HTC sliders by flipz
  • flash_image for flashing RA
  • Custom htc_ime from xda (English and Spanish activated.)
  • Multi-touch Google maps
  • Custom PRI correction by flipz (this will automatically correct your PRI so that you can update your PRL and use the Sprint apps. No crazy steps. NOTE: You will notice your radio drop out for a bit on first boot while it does this, and this is right about the time that you will be hitting the google sign on setup screen. Wait for the radio to drop and come back, and then data to return)
  • Nexus Launcher2 (thanks 702droid)

Reactions: drbgotenks
I am running a 2.1 rom without the updated radio. FWIW I have run multiple versions of 2.1 without ever updating the radio.
The phone still works the same as far as I can tell it's just the signal display that looks off with the older radio and the 2.1 roms.

I'd say flash away, and I bet you might not flash back.

Upvote 0
I'm waiting to search/read about market, battery life, alarm, etc...then waiting for Choc to massage it.

I was resisting the jump to 2.1 till the official release but I saw this was from Flipz and I have had nothing but luck with Fresh 1.1. So I decided to give it a try. All the protected apps that I have had showed up in the market and installed fine. Alarm works just fine. Its fast and snappy. The battery life seems great so far. I still cant wait for an official release. But I am comfortable using this till that happens.

Upvote 0
flashed... and went back to Fresh 1.1 . why? because it can't figure out my location correctly. it think I'm about 90 miles from where I really am. I tried it by both GPS and wireless network. if the phone can't tell where I am, then it will be USELESS in an emergency.

Are you using an Airave? I know that people who were using one were having problems with location. My location is spot on.

Upvote 0
Are you using an Airave? I know that people who were using one were having problems with location. My location is spot on.

yes, I'm using an Airave.. I did try turning off wireless location to eliminate that and using only GPS, it still showed me as being 90 miles away. On Fresh 1.1 it gets my location perfect each time. with or without wireless location being turned on. I really hope they get this worked out before the official release.

If there's a way to get it to work correctly with Airave let me know.. I liked what I saw before going back toe Fresh 1.1

Upvote 0
yes, I'm using an Airave.. I did try turning off wireless location to eliminate that and using only GPS, it still showed me as being 90 miles away. On Fresh 1.1 it gets my location perfect each time. with or without wireless location being turned on. I really hope they get this worked out before the official release.

If there's a way to get it to work correctly with Airave let me know.. I liked what I saw before going back toe Fresh 1.1
I get better location results when my Airave is turned off. Google Maps says accurate to 6 meters, and the satellite layer points to the exact spot on my roof above me. If I turn the Airave back on, I get a 100 meter circle.

Upvote 0

Search on XDA. I read that even Sprint knows that the Airaves are messing up locations. Not even sure if they are looking to fix it or not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones