• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Galaxy Note 2 problems

blackjaguar25

Jul 4, 2011
Denver, CO
Hey everyone. I just bought a Note 2. Everything seemed perfect...for the first ten seconds. The phone kept randomly rebooting, probably 5 times in a row. After the reboots started, the VZW Demo kept starting. It would download the files and start the app. I would then uninstall it, and then the phone would open the app again somehow. Is there anything I can do to combat or fix this? I did a factory reset.
TIA

Hey everyone. I just bought a Note 2. Everything seemed perfect...for the first ten seconds. The phone kept randomly rebooting, probably 5 times in a row. After the reboots started, the VZW Demo kept starting. It would download the files and start the app. I would then uninstall it, and then the phone would open the app again somehow. Is there anything I can do to combat or fix this? I did a factory reset.
TIA

Hi blackjaguar. Before heading back to the store with the device, I'd first power it down, then remove the battery and sim card, wait a minute at least, then put it back together and boot up. Doing that could remedy the rogue issues.

Upvote 0
TIA

VZW demo? Where did you get this phone from?

Also, you should do a hard reset - wiping the phone before you use it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones