• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Galaxy S user

arulkl

Lurker
Jul 26, 2010
Hey there. I'm new to the Android platform coming from Blackberry and iPhone. Blackberry is still my primary device but I'm replacing the iPhone with the Galaxy S.
Still getting to grips with the Android platform - fun to learn a new platform but it seems to have a steeper learning curve compared to the almost idiot proof iPhone.
Anyway, just thought I'd say hi. I am sure I'll have numerous questions/problems/frustrations with the new device. I seem to be installing new apps every other hour to find the one that suits me the best.

Still unsure if I need to flash my firmware to the latest - I have JF4 but i understand it's not the latest or greatest. I've got lots more reading to do on this in any case before I do anything.

Wish me luck with this platform.

Arul

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones