• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Galaxy S2/ Android user Need Help!

icyblade242

Mar 12, 2011
Hey, I just bought a Galaxy S2 for ATT today from a craigslist seller for a really good price and everything works perfectly but i just have some questions.

1. The battery Door doesn't seem to close fully.....nothing seems to be broken but the left side just wont seem to go down. What's broken? the door or phone?

Also Where can I get a authentic cover that will replace it?

015 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

2. I am also coming from an iPhone 4. I use to go to sleep listening to iheartradio with a 15 minutes sleep timer. Is there anyway to do this on the Galaxy s2

3. Lastly..noobie question....is it normal for the phone to take so long to charge? On the iPhone, it only took about 2 hours or less to fully charge.

Thanks Guys!

1. I had the same problem when I first got the phone, to place the back plastic cover firmly, you have to push down the cover at the bottom (without placing in the top part) and move ur way up with ur fingers firmly pressing and hearing the sound of the capsons.

2. Check the market i'm sure there r plenty of such apps...

3. the first time takes around 3-4 hours, but then it'll take 2hours or less (depending on wt u are running while charging) it usually takes almost 2 hours to fully charge with me having wifi on (starting 15+%)

Upvote 0
Hey, I just bought a Galaxy S2 for ATT today from a craigslist seller for a really good price and everything works perfectly but i just have some questions.

1. The battery Door doesn't seem to close fully.....nothing seems to be broken but the left side just wont seem to go down. What's broken? the door or phone?
:D Its plastic. Just press it in. Put the bottom part in first then go around it pressing it like a clip. :D

Also Where can I get a authentic cover that will replace it?
Don't need to

2. I am also coming from an iPhone 4. I use to go to sleep listening to iheartradio with a 15 minutes sleep timer. Is there anyway to do this on the Galaxy s2

3. Lastly..noobie question....is it normal for the phone to take so long to charge? On the iPhone, it only took about 2 hours or less to fully charge.
:D Bigger battery than IP4. But seriously, if you are using the phone at the same time as charging, it takes longer. And if you charge through the USB cable connected to computer, its also slower. :D

Thanks Guys!

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones