1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New Galaxy S3 owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nurseshelly, Dec 31, 2012.

1. nurseshelly

nurseshelly Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2012
    Female
    Arizona
    Hi,
    I'm Michele, I just got my first andoid phone and I love it :). I was a die hard iPhone user, but the 5 was underwhelming so we decided to switch instead of upgrading.
    I think I have my phone tweaked to how I like it. I've got all of the common tweaks down, but decided to join a forum site so I'm not missing out on any great ideas.
    The only thing I don't like about it is that I'll have to get an FM modulator to stream my music to my radio in my car (my radio has a usb cord for input, but the software doesn't recognize my phone now since it's not apple). The only other thing I don't like about it is the Kies software from Samsung. I did finally get it to recognize my phone and update to Jellybean, but it was a huge PIA. I still can't get it to recognize my husband's phone, but I'm sure if I spend another 8 hour day at it, I'll finally get it to work! You would think a huge company like Samsung could make a descent software to sync your phone with and get updates ... or contract with another company like Double Twist to make it for them.
    Overall, I love the phone though!!! I have a difficult time not using it at all times of the day :) I dont' think we have used our Kindle Fires at all since we got the phones LOL!

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Welcome Michele!
    That is a great device you have there and I'm sure it is alot different than the Iphone!
    If you need some help with it, or need anything else just ask!
    And here is a link to your device forum:)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Forums

Thanks for joining!

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hi Michele...

Welcome aboard.
    Happy New Year! :santaclaus: