• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Galaxy S3 with poor signal reception

Are they all on the same software version?
Yes. I verified that they are all the same. Each one was updated to the latest version when we set them up yesterday. I also checked Sprint coverage map and I am in good to excellent coverage at home and at work! But I have barely 1 bar here at work right now.

Upvote 0
Go into menu/settings/more settings/mobile networks/network mode -- and check to see if all phones are set the same?
I know you said you were on Sprint....I am on Verizon and I am set to "Global" so I dont think my setting will help yours but I'm just trying to help to see if that setting on all your phones is the same :)
There is 2 options and all 3 are set to lte/cdma. I am going to try the other option...cdma only.

ETA: No change...changing back to lte/cdma.

Upvote 0
Someone here may know more than I do, but what comes to my mind, (and I just base this off of my last phone), call Sprint and have them re-provision the phone.?
I, myself am learning about this device also as it is new to me:)
Thanks! Will do...

Any other replies...please chime in also!

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Well if you all have the same samsung build and baseband / modem and sprint have reprovisioned - of course try a factory reset but it then indicates a fault. Talk to sprint first. A photo of all the s3's next to each other will also help sprint.

I take it you havent changed battery doors or put a case on? Obviously the fairest comparison is no case, stock components

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Well if you all have the same samsung build and baseband / modem and sprint have reprovisioned - of course try a factory reset but it then indicates a fault. Talk to sprint first. A photo of all the s3's next to each other will also help sprint.

I take it you havent changed battery doors or put a case on? Obviously the fairest comparison is no case, stock components
Everything is stock other than cases...all three have identical UAG cases.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones