1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New Galaxy Tab S2 just died. Help!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Ancestor2, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Ancestor2

Ancestor2 Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2016
    Male
    My Galaxy Tab S2 8" running Marshmallow just died. It's two months old, has never been dropped or damaged. I had just charged it to 100% and began reading the newspaper download when the text disappeared as if a lght had been switched off. The screen was black, but the back and recent keys flickered on and off for a while. The large SAMSUNG sign began pulsing on the screen for a minute or so, then disappeared. No response to any of the keys. I cannot find anything in the manual to deal with the situation. What is likely to be the problem? And what do I do next?

Advertisement

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    Since you have only had it for a few months, your best course of action may be to return it for a replacement or warranty claim.
    If your not getting any reaction from the device when trying to power on, sound, vibration or blinking LED, and the battery is fully charged, I'd say the motherboard is toast.

3. Ancestor2

Ancestor2 Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2016
    Male
    Thanks for taking the trouble to help. Later, I tried re-setting with the pin device, extracted the memory chip and re-inserted it. Soon the screen came up with two buttons - Shut down and Restart. I pressed Restart and the machine re-booted. All OK. There must have been a conflict created somewhere by the newspaper app. The problem was how to initiate the re-boot.

Jfalls63 likes this.