• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Game: Tank Recon 3D

LoneDwarf

Lurker
May 16, 2010
Hello everyone,

I have released Tank Recon 3D on the MobiHand store.

Overview:

Tank Recon 3D is a first person tank game that features full real-time 3D graphics (OpenGL ES).

Piloting your new advanced tank, code named Alpha, you will be shooting it out with various units such as tanks, planes, AT guns and more. Fire your main cannon and watch as the enemy explodes into pieces. Use your guided missiles to bring down enemy planes or anything else that needs blowing up!

Tank Recon 3D allows you to choose between Mission and Survival mode. Jump right into the action with Survival mode and see how long you can survive. The longer you last the harder the enemy units become. When you're done, submit your high score to the Internet for bragging rights.

Play Story Mode to go on various missions that will ultimately decide whether you defeat the Evil Hepion forces or explode trying. Playing through the missions takes time and is no easy task but fortunately the game supports saving your progress at any point. If you do manage to complete the missions, try them again but this time choose Hard or even Mental!

Features:

• Real-time 3D graphics (OpenGL ES).
  • Story Mode with 4 different missions to complete.
  • Instant action with Survival Mode.
  • 3 difficulty levels (Normal, Hard and Mental).
  • 9 different enemy units.
  • Submit your score over the Internet leaderboard.
  • Save and resume your game.

screen0.jpg

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

Leigh

Wow you beat Google in Ice Hockey at the Olympics? I didn't even know Google had a team ;)

But I do hope you can get it on market place. Tried to go with MobiHand but their site does not work with my Moto Droid browser :(

Mind expanding on what doesn't work when visiting the link the dev posted above? (i.e. when going here) -- I just tried from my 2.2 nexus and got the tank game page, added to the cart, etc.

Awesome game btw.

- Adriano

Upvote 0
none that I'm aware of -- tried on-device, from desktop, etc. and things looked working normally. Which is why I asked stevenlong if he could provide some more info as of what he was referring to.

- Adriano

Gah. Sorry I missed that. I am not sure if they have a version of their store for on device like they do for BlackBerry.

Leigh

Reactions: adriano
Upvote 0
Recntly bought this game. Graphics are pretty good, game play is good. Oly gripe I have is the little on-screen joy-stick sux. Seems about every other fire fight, my finger slides off the edge of the circle, and my tank stops, and I usally take two or three hits before I can get it moving again. For some reason, when your finger slides over the limit, the games seems to take a few seconds to relize you have re-set you finger over the joystick?

other than that, it is a great game. 4 out of 5 *

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones