1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General New GB Enhancements?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JasonPurp, Jul 1, 2011.

1. JasonPurp

JasonPurp Member
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    Besides the technical changes that comes with every phone's GB update, what new features will we be seeing on our phone, most specifically in Sense, if any?

I used to get very excited when hearing about updates for the DROID/DROIDX because so many new features were always added to the OEM's "skin." Is it the same for Sense?

Advertisement

2. Jman42028

Jman42028 Well-Known Member
    None

May 17, 2011
    Store Manager for vzw
    by the lake..
    Its tough to say really. I used to have an original incredible, and the jump would have been pretty drastic to gb. But it seems like the inc2 has some of the features built in already, like being able to copy and paste. GB is also supposed to be much better on battery life and multitasking, so I would imagine those things would improve.

As far as sense being upgraded, its definitely a newer verision than whats on the original inc, (I know because it actually works, lol) and I beleive its the same, or pretty close to the same as whats on the TB, so as far as I'm aware, we already have the newer version of that. No one really knows what will be included until vzw or HTC releases something official. Considering all the major issues the recent droidx updates caused, I would imagine we may have to wait a while for ours to get updated.

3. mgftp

mgftp Newbie
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    I pray this is true.

4. JasonPurp

JasonPurp Member
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    Battery is alright for me. Not great, but alright.

And I really wanna know already haha. Since we're not getting Sense 3.0, I wanna know what other major enhancements we might get.

5. DFA1

DFA1 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 14, 2009
    I hear that GB is suppose to enforce tethering now by actively blocking it... I pray this isn't true....

6. wyattyoss

wyattyoss Newbie
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Ohio
    I updated, and I noticed several small enhancements. In the notification bar, there's a tab at the bottom full if quick settings like wifi and mobile network. The metal skin was added. And I also think that battery has improved, but I may just be using it less.

7. JasonPurp

JasonPurp Member
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    Damn :(