1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General New Generation of Wear OS Watches

Discussion in 'Wear Os' started by The_Chief, Mar 9, 2019.

1. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I don't think I'd even heard of Montblanc, not until I moved to China. There's probably about as much chance of me buying one of their luxury product, as buying a Louis Vuitton bag, or a Vertu phone, which is zero.

Advertisement

lunatic59 and dontpanicbobby like this.
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    Moderator Thread Starter

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Well, I didn't buy the watch because it's Montblanc. Brands have virtually NO influence on my purchase decisions: if people don't want to associate with me because I wear off-brand clothing, that's fine: in fact, that tells me right away they aren't the people with whom I want to associate, anyway. If people don't like me for who I am, they can kiss my @ss. I'm way past trying to impress people, and they certainly don't impress me.

Among the reasons I bought the watch are (a) the Qualcomm 3100 processor; (b) good screen size and timeless, classic design; and world-renown engineering.

This watch feels PERFECT on my wrist, folks. It's not too heavy, not too light. It's solid, the controls are fluid* and Montblanc has a 2-year warranty. It's the best feeling watch I've ever worn. That it's a smartwatch is icing on the cake. I've been dabbling, and I may have found the battery vampire: an app I did NOT have on the Huatch. Dark Sky Weather. I uninstalled it from the watch and we'll see how the battery life is tomorrow. I HOPE it's much better. I'll let you know.

*- the rotating crown can do several things: when in a menu like Settings, I can use the crown to scroll up & down, rather than swiping the screen. Its responsiveness is almost uncanny. I can also control the volume of the music in my Bluetooth headset with the crown. No music on the watch: it's Google Play Music; the headset is paired with the phone. But I can rotate the crown to turn the volume up and down. That's just wicked cool. The two push-buttons are programmable, dedicated buttons. I have one for Stopwatch to time my exercises; and the other for Google Pay.

olbriar, codesplice and lunatic59 like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    @The_Chief I'd be interested to know if there's any update on the apparent six hour battery life of the Summit 2 you reported previously. Because if it a smart-watch only lasts less than half a day, it's going to be rather limited I think

#53 mikedt, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    That's one of my peeves with the Fossils. The "chrono" buttons aren't programmable beyond the useless choices they give you. I would love to even just have your standard chrono function from the buttons, but no, you have to suffer through Google Fit, or not use them at all.

5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    Moderator Thread Starter

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    I uninstalled Dark Sky and am checking for battery life. I haven't really had a chance to test it for all-day wear, but I WILL keep you posted.