• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Global Rezound, Superuser issue??

KngXpn

Lurker
Jun 18, 2014
FLAUSA
Hey everyone, this is my first post :). I have always found good info from here for years, this is the first time I haven't found my issue..:thinking:

I just received a "Global", brand new, rooted, s-off Rezound (vigor) with a locked boot loader.
-has CDMA/LTE, GSM/UTMS, just CDMA, & Global modes available

System info:
Android: 4.1.1
Sense: 3.6
Software: 4.03.605.2 710RD

..I have been calling it a Developer phone but I'm not sure if that's correct.

anyways, I have "superuser" and it came with the current green head icon (didn't look at the v# at the time) though looking at the binary area, the "root root" was red. After firing up good 'ol titanium backup to get rid of all that crap Verizon bloatware, it said it noticed that error with my root permissions too, and fixed it for me:D. so no problems.

like always, GooglePlay let me know lots of updates were needed, (including super user, to v3.2) which i allowed. after everything was finished, I got my tether working (A MUST with unlimited 4G:D), with no#prob, but it kept asking me to allow SU every dang time even though i said remember.

Now Once opening superuser it F/Cd (everytime) but i still could get ># in command line, and root worked with everything else too

I rebooted, then thats when I had no clue what happened... superuser went old school on me (Black and white logo, looks like pirate crossbones)
but worked just fine, binary was still current, and now remembers my preferences.. so i just updated it again...and it worked, but randomly it will ALWAYS end up back to the old version.:smokingsomb: I do like that icon better though.

Like i said, my boot loader is locked I have no custom recovery but i am s-off on a stock global ROM.
that being said;
Is there anyway to reinstall superuser, or Super SU, without leaving the device (no recovery flash, having to unlock boot loader) since it IS rooted already but I don't know whats wrong with it, and I'm thinking a fresh root/re-install might help?

**EDIT:::The Main Reason I Want To Be In The Device Is Because Its Encrypted, Cant Backup/Flash That I Know Of***

Id love to hear everyones feedback on this and I hope I'm not the only one with this issue. Hopefully I can get help with this, or at least get some tips to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!!

PS,
This is the only device (#5) I have not done the s-off, bootunlock, root, rom, radio, hboot downgrade, kernel...etc..to myself, and I dont really want that nice "this device is for development purposes only, do not distribute outside of HTC... " message again like I had on my INC4G :p

******Edit

Found out a locked Bootloader means nothing since I'm already S-Off.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones