1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New GMAIL App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by lakersfreak, Nov 10, 2014.

1. lakersfreak

lakersfreak Well-Known Member

I love the GMAIL app, especially after allowing other email (hotmail, yahoo, etc..) to be used with the app. I added my hotmail email address in the app, but it doesn't download my previous emails nor do the new ones show up either...

Anyone have this issue? I like gmail better than the stock email app.

2. DomingoLewis

DomingoLewis Newbie

I love Gmail app on my android phone. It allows me to receive and send an email anywhere I am. If you are using your Android phone and new emails don't show up, try to refresh it.

3. Miitoo

Miitoo Member

you need to sync your email I think. I usually sync emails on my testing samsung.

4. lakersfreak

YA I synced as well as restarted and nothing. All my gmail email is there but Im still not receiving any emails from my other two email accounts....Can it be a Note 4 issue?

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

How do you have your other email accounts setup? As IMAP or POP3? The should be IMAP if you want them on all devices.

6. lakersfreak

Ya for example Im setting up my Live.com email account. Gmail already forces me to choose IMAP or POP3 during set up. Once set up, the sync "circle" spins then nothing happens. No email will show up even though all settings are selected for email syncing.

7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If it's not throwing any error messages, what I suspect is you have your email accounts setup as POP3 on a different client and the messages are deleted from the server, so when gmail sync's there's nothing there to sync to.

8. larrytxeast

larrytxeast Member

One thing I wish the app could do, actually I wish this for a LOT of apps, is for the "list" view to be compacted so you can view more items per screen. I have a 4.5" screen (LG Tribute, owned for exactly 2 weeks today), and while that's not going to make an LG G3 or Samsung Note tremble, I sure as heck ought to be able to see more than 5 items per screen. I'd like for it to be able to show, say, 15 items per page. (Don't laugh, a certain site I visit, when I view it on Opera Mini, it shows--I counted--about 15 items on the screen, and I can easily read them too.)